Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A Spray Tan

Yup! Yesterday i got my first spay tan! I was really really nervous about it! But it turned out quite well! My brother is getting married this weekend and i wanted to have a nice golden glow in the pictures.
My childhood nickname derives from the orange Umppa Lumpas in the movie Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. My nickname (i will not disclose it due to it being highly embarrassing) has nothing to do with their outrageous orange color but i really did not want to look like one after i came out of that tanning booth yesterday. Luckily i didn't! I was about as pale as Antarctica before i got the tan. I always wear sunscreen and keep in the shade most the time. I still go outside and get some Vitamin D, i just don't torch myself. (I have accidentally in the past and holy molly cow sunburns hurt!) I walked out of the booth looking like i just spent the week in Hawaii. A nice golden color, not the least bit orange, abnormally brown or streaky.
After the session was done (which took about 1 minute) i did have some lil freckle looking spots on my arms and legs but the spots have washed off after my shower this morning. It is recommended to wait about 6-8 to shower after a spray tan. My tan is very even and natural looking. 
I like spay tans because they are UV free and you cannot get skin cancer from them. Skin cancer runs in my family, so I'm always extra careful.
Any ways, i say go and give it a shot at your local tanning place! I went to California Sun Center and the prices were not that bad and the extra services they give you, like two towels to wipe down after, a mint and a thank you card really gave the experience a nice touch. 
I will post some wedding pics to show off my tan this weekend! 
P.s. This is by no means an advertisement for California Sun Centers. I just like the tan i got there and wanted to tell others about it.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you liked it! I would love to see what it looks like today. But you didn't look orange at all last night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey lady!
    I gave you an award on my blog
    http://lunaticwhimsy.blogspot.com/2010/09/i-am-accepting-award-and-handing-one.html
    YOUR VERY FIRST AWARD!!!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Comments